Friday, August 3, 2007

I'm still alive!

Hi y'all.
I know it's been awhile and i'm sorry. My internet access will be pretty minimal for the remainder of my trip. But don't worry, I'll continue writing out my adventures even when I'm back at home!

I can't believe that I will boarding a plane dc bound on August 23. Time has flown by. I honestly feel that i'm finally finding my groove in Hayastan and now it's time to leave!

I'm really going to miss my host family. They have been so good to me, I hope somehow I will see them again. I don't know when i will be back, but I have to come back. Hopefully next time with more family, so we can share the experience together.

Not much time to write today, so I will leave you with some crazy superstitions/remedies..
1. If you sit at the corner of a table, you will stay at home for 7 years and never get married.
2.If you sit on a curb outside or on a piece of stone outside, your womanly organs will get sick from the cold and you will not have babies
4. If you hit a woman with a broom she will not get married
5. If you clean your house after dark, you will sweep all of your money out of your life
6. Madzun (yougurt)will cure everthing
7. If a loved one is sick with cancer, cut open their leg and stick a white bean in their muscle. It will eat the cancer and cure the person.

Off to teach!! Hopefully will write again soon :)

No comments: